Friday, February 12, 2010

Project 1 Critique


I got very mixed feelings about this piece and that could very well be because I deliberately did not finish it so a lot of people had ideas of what to add to it to make it more complete and some said to leave it alone, it is successful the way it is. Those who said it did not look finished suggested filling the white corner so the eye doesn't involuntarily leave the piece. Professor Fichter suggested discovering a focal point and really communicating that focus to the audience because right now there are lots of interesting features, but they are seemingly unrelated or unfocused. Others said it was beautiful, they loved the white space and the intricacy of the strokes of the material.

I was very satisfied with the feedback I received. It was pretty much what I was expecting to hear, which I believe can be a good thing because it means the convictions you have about your piece communicate to the audience as well, and whatever you might do to improve the piece will hopefully also communicate well.
"Protector's Excursion"
This is a possible title I am thinking of for this piece and the direction I think I would like to take it in. Since my dog is a very large part of my path and really the only reason I can complete this particular path psychologically, I feel he should be the focal point. I am planning to explore Merlin (that's my dog's name) and his behaviors a bit more and see just how he interacts with his surroundings as he travels the path that I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment